Amana Air Handlers
Air handlers work with central air conditioners and heat pumps to exchange the air inside your house with cool or heated air. Air handlers have motorized fans to push the conditioned air into the ducts that deliver it throughout the house. As the fans push the air into the ducts, they also pull air from the house into the air handler to be cooled or warmed. Air handlers have evaporator coils filled with refrigerant that absorbs heat from inside the house and cycles it outside to the air conditioner or heat pump.
At Wall Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we recommend Amana air handlers for all new installations and retrofits in the Atlanta area. As an industry leader in home cooling and heating, Amana builds their air handlers to provide years of trouble-free operation.
- Motors – Amana uses high quality components in all air handler motors to manage heavy workloads efficiently, minimizing energy consumption. Higher-end units have variable-speed motors to prevent sudden blasts of cool or warm air upon starting.
- System Compatibility – Amana designs its air handlers to be directly compatible with virtually all air conditioners and heat pumps. Higher end models are compatible with the ComfortNet Communicating System, which improves connectivity with the central air or heat pump unit and improves the overall performance of the cooling and heating system.
- Refrigerant – Amana air handlers use R-410A chlorine-free, environmentally-friendly refrigerant.
- Warranty – All Amana air handlers include an industry-leading 10 year limited warranty, and are AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) certified and ETL listed.
Amana Air Handler Units
- AVPTC Air Handler – This top of the line model includes automatically adjusted airflow and tonnage.
- AEPF Air Handler – Up to 14 airflow settings for improved humidity control and comfort.
- ASPF Air Handler – Energy-Saving, fixed-speed motor.
- ARPF, ADPF, and ARUF Air Handlers – Direct-drive, multi-speed motor to manage air volume variations
Amana Modular Blowers
Modular Blowers are similar to air handlers, but they do not have internal evaporator coils to absorb heat from the air inside the house. They can be fitted with an external evaporator coil or heater. Amana makes two Modular Blower models.
- Amana MBVC Modular Blower – Contains a variable-speed speed motor for smooth operation, and built-in dehumidification capacity. Also compatible with the ComfortNet Communication System for smooth integration with other heating and cooling appliances.
- Amana MBR Modular Blower – Uses a multi-speed blower motor, and is compatible with heat pumps and central air conditioning units.
Amana Air Handler Service
At Wall Heating & Air, we can inspect your current system and help you decide if it's time to replace your old air handler. If your existing air handler isn't operating properly or wasn't correctly matched to the rest of your air conditioner or heat pump, it could affect the overall efficiency of your system. Amana air handlers are designed to provide years of high efficiency, trouble-free service. In many cases, a new air handler quickly pays for through energy efficient operation that leads to lower utility bills. If you live in the Atlanta metro area, give us a call today and we'll be glad to answer your questions about Amana air handlers and how they might improve your system's performance.