We know it’s fall!!! It’s pumpkin flavored everything! And there’s nothing wrong with that.
It’s been a long, hot summer and becoming a long, hot fall, too! But now is the time to make sure the bugs and rodents don’t destroy your heating and cooling systems.
1. If you have a pesticide company, make sure they are spraying by (not on) your air conditioner outside and your furnace inside. We get a lot of bugs in air conditioners this time of the year.
Time to spray!
2. In the winter, we get no heat calls and find rodents have chewed the wires on furnaces. They are looking to stay warm for the winter months and are migrating inside.
3. Also, clean out your fireplace flue! Birds might have nested in there! You don’t want to have a house fire due to birds.
4. Clean out your dryer vent. There is a brush specially made to go into a dryer vent and bring out the lent that has built up.
5. Change your batteries in your thermostat, carbon monoxide and fire detectors. If your furnace is over 10 years, have it checked for carbon monoxide leakage! We have a special camera that we put into your furnace to see any issues you may be having.
And, if you aren’t on a regular schedule, change your furnace filters! It’s quick and easy. David covered it in a video if you’re interested. Look at our past posts!
Tags: Amana, Comfortmaker, Daikin, Fedders, GA, Goodman, Lennox, Rheem, RUUD, Sensi, Trane
Posted in Air Condition Replacement, Air Conditioning, Air Conditioning Rebates, Air Conditioning Repair, Energy Savings, Furnace Replacement, Gas Heaters, Heat Pumps, Heating, Indoor Air Quality, Maintenance Plan/Comfort Club, Rebates & Tax Credits, Trane, Winterizing | Comments Off on 5 Tips for Fall Cleanup for Heating and Air Conditioning – Gwinnett